Alternative Artichoke Benny
This is not your classic eggs benedict recipe. Your guests will enjoy the crispiness and saltiness of the grilled prosciutto ham mixed with the freshness of the grilled artichoke heart, covered with a perfectly poached egg and a scrumptious LUDA Hollandaise sauce, all topped with melted jarlsberg cheese for the gourmet diners. This dish makes for a brunch to remember!
- 100 mL (7 tbsp) LUDA ORIGINAL Hollandaise sauce, prepared
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 Eggs, poached
- 1 Artichoke heart, cooked and cut in half
- 25 mL (5 tsp) Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 slice Prosciutto ham
- 45 g (2 oz) Jarlsberg cheese, finely grated
- Cilantro, to taste
- Prepare the Hollandaise Sauce according to package directions. Stir in tabasco sauce. Keep warm.
- Prepare poached eggs and keep warm.
- Rub the fresh artichoke with the olive oil*, salt and pepper.
- Grill on high heat using a charcoal grill (if available).
- Grill prosciutto ham alongside until artichoke has grill marks and the prosciutto is slightly crispy.
- Place the grilled artichoke hearts cut side up in an oven safe dish. Top with the prosciutto and the warm poached eggs. Nappe with the Hollandaise Sauce. Top with the Jarlsberg cheese and broil under a salamander until lightly golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh cilantro and serve.