Bison Pot Roast
A winter favourite.
- 1 L (4 cups) LUDA EDF Demi-Glace Sauce, prepared
- 1.5 kg (6 lbs) Bison sirloin
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) Canola oil
- 20 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, and chopped into rough cubes
- 40 Pearl onions
- 20 Button mushrooms
- 10 Leeks, sliced into coins
- 20 Baby carrots, peeled
- 10 Baby turnips, peeled and cut in half
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Canadian Whisky
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the demi-glace according to package instructions, keep warm and set aside.
- Season bison with salt and pepper, and in a large pan sear all the sides of the sirloins in oil.
- In a pan sauté all the vegetables (except tomatoes) and garlic in oil until the vegetables start to caramelize.
- Remove the pan from the heat and deglaze with whisky.
- Add rosemary to the hot demi-glace sauce and combine all the ingredients in a large oven safe pot.
- Place the uncovered pot in 350°F oven for about 25 minutes, turning the meat and stirring frequently.
- Remove the pot from the oven and add the fresh tomatoes, and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
The bison can be subistitued for beef for an equally delicious meal.