Beef Bourguinon is a classic french peasant dish. Using our beef gravy will ensure that the stew sauce is always velvety smooth and rich in flavor, while quick and easy to prepare.
- 1.5 L (6 cups) LUDA Inspiration Beef Gravy
- 150 g (5 oz) Butter
- 1.5 kg (3 lbs) Beef, cubes
- 100 g (4 oz) Bacon, chopped
- 400 g (14 oz) Pearl onions
- 500 g (1 lbs) Mushrooms, slices
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Garlic, finely chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) Dry red wine
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Beer mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the beef gravy according to the package directions and set aside.
- In a pot, brown the butter then sear the beef. Remove the beef and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the bacon until cooked then add the onions, mushrooms and garlic, sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and deglaze with red wine, reduce by half.
- Add the beef gravy, beer mustard, salt and pepper, bring to a boil for one minute.
- Simmer for 1.5-2 hours (depending on the size of the beef cubes). Serve hot and enjoy!