Cranberry Turkey Meatball Stew
This recipe is as delicious as it is operationally efficient. Your guests will find it soothing on cold winter nights! You can replace the traditional thanksgiving turkey dinner with these delicious turkey meatballs.
- 500 mL (2 cups) White wine
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 100 g (4 oz) LUDA H Poultry gravy, dry mix
- 750 mL (3 cups) Water
- 90 mL (1/3 cup) Cranberry sauce, whole berries
- 10 mL (2 tsp) Honey, To taste
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) White pepper, To taste
- Salt, To taste
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Vegetable oil
- 1.2 kg (2.5 lbs) frozen Turkey meatballs, thawed
- Pour wine, shallots and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let reduce by half, uncovered.
- Gradually add the poultry gravy mix while whisking.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce, honey, white pepper and salt. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a thick bottom pot, brown the meatballs in the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sauce to the meatballs, reduce the heat and let simmer softly for about 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 74°C.
Serve on mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower with a side of roasted carrots and green beans.