Apple and Parsnip Soup
Root vegetables are healthy and delicious winter vegetables that are often forgotten. This creamy soup with warm Moroccan spices will excite your tastebuds and make you rediscover root vegetables.
- 1 L LUDA H Culinary Cream Base, prepared
- 1 L LUDA H Vegetable Soup Base, prepared
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) LUDA Moroccan BOOSTER
- 500 g Parsnip, peeled and chopped into rough cubes
- 3 Apples, peeled and chopped into rough cubes
- 1 Potato, peeled and chopped into rough cubes
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) Butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the culinary cream soup base and vegetable soup base according to the package directions, set aside.
- Melt butter in a pot and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add in the apples, parsnips, potato, Booster and both soup bases.
- Let the soup simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Puree the soup using a hand blender, and season with salt and pepper.
- Portion and serve.
Top the soup with crunchy croutons or a spoonful of apple juliennes for a simple garnish.