BBQ Pulled Spaghetti Squash Sliders
Vegetables are trendier than ever, and so are plant-based spins on popular comfort foods. Why not treat your guests with a plant based and healthier version of pulled pork?
- 2 units (10 lbs) Spaghetti Squash
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Vegetable oil
- 1 unit Onion, sliced
- 500 mL (2 cups) LUDA ED Barbecue sauce, prepared
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) LUDA Inspiration Culinary Tomato Base, dry mix
- Chipotle sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 units Hamburger buns, toasted
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Butter
RED CABBAGE SLAW
- 300 g Mayonnaise
- 60 g LUDA Original Coleslaw Seasoning
- 500 g Red cabbage, shredded
- 500 g Carrots, julienned
- Poke the squashes all over with a sharp knife, put in a microwave dish and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- If not fork tender, cook by 2 minutes increments until it is. Set aside until cool enough to manipulate.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, and scrape out the strings with a fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, caramelize the onions in the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until brown.
- Prepare the barbecue sauce according to instructions on package, add the culinary tomato base mix and the chipotle sauce and mix well.
- Add the sauce mix to the skillet and mix well.
- Gently fold in the squash and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Butter the buns and toast them.
- Garnish with the bbq pulled squash and serve with a side of coleslaw. Enjoy!
RED CABBAGE SLAW
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and the coleslaw seasonings.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix together the cabbage, carrots, and seasoned mayonnaise.
We suggesting buttering up the buns before toasting them and loading them with the pulled squash; the mix of textures is divine. Serve with a side of coleslaw.