Asparagus Cream Soup with Onions
A wonderful way to enjoy asparagus when they are in season.
- 2 L (8 cups) LUDA ORIGINAL Culinary Cream Soup Base, prepared
- 500 mL (2 cups) LUDA H Chicken soup base, prepared
- 700 g Asparagus spears, cleaned and cut up
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Butter
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Lemon zest
- Chives, finely chopped, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the culinary cream soup base according to package instructions, keep warm and set aside.
- Prepare the chicken soup base according to package instructions, keep warm and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Add asparagus, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Pour in broth and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer until asparagus are soft.
- Blend in a food processor or with an immersion blender to obtain a smooth purée.
- Mix well with culinary cream.
- Heat to service temperature, garnish with chives and serve.