Apple Cider and Sage Gravy
This sauce has a nice balance of flavours and brings the chicken gravy to a whole another level, while highlighting a Canadian terroir product.
- 500 mL (2 cups) LUDA ORIGINAL Chicken gravy, prepared
- 250 mL (1 cup) Apple cider, reduction
- 10 mL (2 tsp) Sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sauce pan, pour the apple cider and bring to a boil. Reduce by half.
- Meanwhile, gradually add the chicken gravy mix to 125 mL of water in a bowl while whisking vigourously. Set aside.
- Add 250 mL of water to the apple cider reduction and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken gravy mix to the sauce pan while whisking, reduce the heat and simmer 3 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped sage, stir well, and serve.
Will pair beautifully with chicken and pork.